How to Remove Wax From Wooden Floors in Your Home – When you’re cleaning at home, one of the most annoying things is finding wax-stained items either on clothes, furniture, or on the floor. This of course will make you feel annoyed because wax stains are not easy to remove.
Removing the wax will not be easy for you, even if you clean it most of the stains will still leave marks. Wax stains that have already hardened will make it difficult to remove them with your bare hands.
How to Remove Candle Wax From Hardwood Floors
Here are two methods you can use to clean wax stains, especially for those of you who use wood floors. You can choose how to remove wax from wooden floors.
There are two ways to remove wax stains from wood floors, namely by freezing them using cold ice and removing them with heat. When the wax drips unexpectedly hot wax onto your hardwood floor, don’t panic.
The first thing you do is not rush to remove it, you can take a moment to clean the wax properly after it dries so as not to damage the surface of your hardwood floor.
You can follow one of the two methods below to remove wax stains from hardwood floors. After that to make the floor shine again then proceed with a proper scrubber or polish.
- Plastic credit card or plastic razor
- Hairdryer or hairdryer
- wooden furniture candle
- cotton fabric
Here are two methods you can do for how to clean wax from wooden floors:
Removing Candles by Freezing
One way to remove wax from hardwood floors is to use ice cubes to harden the wax droplets.
- Simply place an ice cube in the candle holder for 30 seconds, even if the wax is cold and has taken a long time to dry. You may need to hold the ice cube for a minute or two if the wax is fresh and malleable, then freeze the wax to remove it.
- After that, to scrape off the frozen wax droplets, use a plastic credit card or other card or you can also use a razor blade.
- This will make it easier for you to remove any wax stains and remove them from the floor.
Place the plastic card parallel to the waxed object, then gently scrape it off. When you move the blade the candle will peel and come off.
- You can refreeze the wax stain if it is still not easy to remove and it will be easy for you to clean it. To remove wax from its place without prying the floor and also avoid scratching the wood surface.
- How to remove wax from wooden floors next by wiping the area dry using a clean cloth after you can clean all the wax stains. Clean up all the melted water by first collecting the melted water from the ice cubes.
- To scrub off any remaining residue, wipe the cleaned area of the floor with a wood furniture wax. This wood wax contains a formula to help remove imperfections and provide protection to your hardwood floors.
Removing Wax with Heat
To clean the wax stuck to the floor, you can use a second way that you can try is to remove the wax with heat using a hairdryer.
However, do not use this method to clean wax stains on other objects, such as cloth, because this can actually cause the wax to melt and spread.
Also, do not use the hot wax removal method on objects made of glass because they can break and on synthetic materials because they can melt.
How to clean wax from wooden floors, here are ways you can try using the heat from a hairdryer:
- Aim the hairdryer at the dripping wax stain over medium heat at a distance of 12 inches. The wax will be removed from the floor easily with the help of heat and will become soft.
- You reset the hairdryer to the “hot” setting and then aim at the wax stain. To avoid burning, position the hairdryer a few inches from the surface of the wax stain.
Try not to move the dryer around the wax as it will be easier for you to clean the melted wax that has accumulated in one place than one that spreads in all directions.
It’s much easier to do if you ask someone else for help because when you melt the wax, he can wipe it off with a cloth quickly.
- Use the tip of a plastic credit card or a plastic razor blade once the wax has softened, the same way you used the ice cube method before.
- How to remove wax from wooden floors, then you can wipe the wax using kitchen tissue or an old cloth because the wax will be difficult to clean using a towel. Try to wipe off all the melt at the same time carefully cleaning the melted wax stain. In addition, you can also scrape the hot wax with a plastic card.
- You can complete the cleaning by applying wood furniture wax to polish and clean the surface if there is still wax residue on the wood floor surface. This will help remove any residual wax and help re-polish your floor.
- To remove the remaining residue you can also use an all-purpose cleaner. Remove with cleaning spray and sponge if any wax remains.
- How to clean it by pouring or spraying all-purpose cleaner on the area, then wipe with a sponge or damp cloth.
If there is still wax remaining on the surface of the wood floor, you can reuse the hairdryer until all the wax is gone. Avoid steel wool or green scrubby. It’s too aggressive for cleaning floors if you want to protect your hardwood finish.
That’s it How to Remove Wax From Wooden Floors, you have to do it carefully because wooden floors are easy to scratch and so as not to scratch the floor with a scraper.